Brownsville, Texas Climate & Temperature
- Brownsville, Texas, Usa is at 25°55'N, 97°25'W, 8 m (26 ft). See map.
- Brownsville, Texas has a humid subtropical hot summer climate that is mild with dry winters, hot humid summers and moderate seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cwa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Brownsville, Texas is situated in or near the subtropical dry forest biome.
- The average temperature is 23.2 degrees Celsius (73.8 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 14 °C (25.2°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 21.6°C (70.9°F) on average falling to 10.9°C (51.6°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 28.6°C (83.4°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 18.8°C (65.9°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 33.7°C (92.7°F) and average low temperatures are 24.1°C (75.3°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 29.2°C (84.6°F) during the day and lows of 18.9°C (66.1°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 676 mm (26.6 inches) which is equivalent to 676 Litres/m² (16.58 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2769 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Brownsville, Texas you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Amsterdam Island, French Southern Lands where you would find a Marine west coast climate.
Brownsville, Texas Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Brownsville, Texas Climate Graph in Metric Units
Brownsville, Texas Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Brownsville, Texas, Usa Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Austin, Tx, Usa - 488.2 kms (303.4 miles) N
- Boerne, Tx, Usa - 450.1 kms (279.7 miles) NNW
- Luling, Tx, Usa - 419.1 kms (260.4 miles) N
- San Antonio, Texas, Usa - 415.2 kms (258 miles) NNW
- Del Rio, Tx, Usa - 516.3 kms (320.8 miles) NW
- Beeville E, Tx, Usa - 278.1 kms (172.8 miles) N
- Alice, Tx, Usa - 238.7 kms (148.3 miles) NNW
- Corpus Christi, Tx, Usa - 207.2 kms (128.8 miles) N
- Laredo, Texas, Usa - 271.4 kms (168.7 miles) NW
- Monterrey, Mexico - 289.8 kms (180.1 miles) W
- Tampico, Tamaulipas, Mexico - 415.6 kms (258.2 miles) S
- Brenham, Tx, Usa - 483.1 kms (300.2 miles) NNE
- Houston, Texas, Usa - 494.1 kms (307 miles) NNE
- Hallettsville, Tx, Usa - 395 kms (245.5 miles) N
- Galveston, Tx, Usa - 456.2 kms (283.5 miles) NE
- Victoria, Tx, Usa - 329.9 kms (205 miles) N